System administrator Specialist
Enartia is a group of brands, Papaki and TopHost, focused on domain registration, web hosting, WordPress, and cloud services. Papaki is the No 1 .GR and.EU domain registrar in Greece, making the company a leader in domain name services. TopHost provides web hosting solutions that cover every aspect of an organization. Our offices are in Heraklion, Crete, but since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been working under a fully remote setup.
Our mission is to change the online presence experience by empowering people with WOW online solutions. We utilize the power of the Internet to make daily life easier and more productive for everyone through innovative, reliable, and friendly services. We provide top-quality services to our customers, and at the same time, aim to create innovation and change.
Since April 2021, Enartia has been part of team.blue, a company that offers digital presence and enablement tools such as domains, hosting, email, VPS, and applications to over 2 million SMEs, SoHo, and developer customers across Europe. The group, which has over 1,900 employees, consists of more than 30 well-known and respected brands, spanning across thirteen European countries and operating under several brand names for each jurisdiction – with a bloodline that represents a total commitment to customers.
The best candidate should be ensuring smooth operation and availability of the service to customers This person should be monitoring and managing the fullness of backup servers as well as valid new security and mentoring and advising support team members with constant educational presentations & analysing complex requests on a weekly basis with the ticketers and Support the team of developers by providing tools and infrastructure to devs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deal with advanced network routing and switching
- Ability to establish processes and automate them to track and implement system solutions (ansible, shell scripting)
- Great use of Services / Data / Network Security
- Design and maintain advance monitor and data collection services
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Linux-based environments, specifically Centos or RedHat for web hosting and virtualization technologies.
- Script in Shell, BASH, Perl, and/or coding in Python
- Use of Ansible automation tool
- Use of server virtualisation software, such KVM
- Use of Nginx configuration for web services
- Great use of Web hosting technologies and panels such as Plesk and Cpanel
- Great use of setting up mail servers (e.g. Postfix, exim, Dovecot).
- Advanced use of MySQL/MariaDB database servers and clusters (e.g. Galera).
- Logging and monitoring systems (e.g. Syslog, icinga, nagios, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Use of common backup strategies and backup tools.
- Deal with jenkins/gitlab/teamcity or any other ci/cd systems.
- Work with cloud technologies
- Use of VoIP technologies and software (SIP, Asterisk)
- More than 4-5 years managing Linux server infrastructures.
- In-depth understanding of Linux systems.
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language such as Python.
- Experience with web and email services (NGINX, HTTP, postfix, dovecot)
- Experience with virtualization technologies like KVM
- Working knowledge of a configuration management system like Ansible.
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
- Effective communication and written skills with a strong tendency to Jira and Confluence.
We will appreciate if you have
- Experience with managing bare-metal hardware
- Knowledge of Ansible automation tool
- Knowledge of Web hosting technologies and panels such as Plesk and Cpanel
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring systems (e.g. Syslog, icinga, nagios, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Work from anywhere in Greece (fully remote setup)
- Laptop & Equipment
- Competitive Salary
- Periodic training sessions
- Private health insurance
- Work-life balance environment
- Ticket Restaurant
- Extra days off
- Recommend a friend Bonus
- Heraklion - Crete
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Employment type
- Mid-Senior level
We are based in The Science and Technology Park of Crete (STEP-C) within the Foundation of Research and Technology (FORTH), in Heraklion, Crete. The collaborations that are formed here, contribute to the rapid development of applied research, as the constant exchange of ideas and technologies is easier than ever. The city of Heraklion is the capital of the amazing island of Crete, in Greece. A great mediterranean place to live in, that provides a balanced lifestyle with a great cuisine and mild climate.
About team.blue Greece
Enartia is a group of brands focused on domain registration, hosting, WordPress and cloud services. Our mission is to change the online presence experience one idea at a time.
System administrator Specialist
Loading application form
Already working at team.blue Greece?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.